I have been in need of a dining room set, but I didn't feel like dropping hundreds of dollars at my favorite furniture store. Enter Craigslist. I found this set for $60, but it needed work.
The new set I originally wanted was black and distressed. I thought I could accomplish a similar look myself. (With G's help of course!) :)
After we picked up the set from the original owner, we washed and lightly sanded it. Next, we painted the set with a few coats of high-gloss black paint. To help create the "distressed look" we did not use a primer and allowed the brush strokes to leave some wood showing in places.
I'm really happy with the way it turned out!
Happily Wander Upon: Serena & Lily
8 hours ago