Saturday, October 17, 2009

BFF: A Day at the Races

Yesterday, G. and I went to "Free Friday" at Oak Tree at Santa Anita Park. You may have heard of the famous racetrack as Seabiscuit was filmed there. I wasn't sure this venture would be my cup of tea (when I told my mother I went, she replied, "now I've heard everything!"). However, it was fun!On Fridays, the track has free admission and $1 specials on beer, coffee, popcorn, and hot dogs. It reminds me of the episode of Sex and the City when the girls go to Yankee Stadium to hang out and drink cheap beer. It was that kind of day.

I did place a few bets which wasn't too hard to figure out. I won once so that was exciting! It was also nice to see the horses-they are so beautiful.
So if race tracks don't bother you (animal rights) and you like to try new things, this is a fun and inexpensive way to enjoy an afternoon (that is if you don't bet a lot of money!).

Next up....the Kentucky Derby perhaps?





(P.S. I couldn't resist including this picture-where else will you find a peanut shell in the shrubs?!)

1 comment:

Secondhand Stella said...

$1 hotdogs, beer, and popcorn sounds good to me :) Glad you had a fun day!