Sunday, October 11, 2009

Meet Your New BFF!

We all know what BFF stands for....but today I'm introducing it as Budget-Friendly Fun! Many people like myself are pinching pennies these days and just because I'm on a budget, does not mean I will stop having fun! So as I find new wallet-friendly ways to go out I will share them with you and mark them "BFF".

Here is our first addition:

The Museum.

Many museums nationwide have special events or days when they have free admission. I know The Met has free film screenings and the MFA in Boston has "Free Community Days," days you get in for free. Last night, G. and I checked out Saturdays Off the 405 at The Getty in Los Angeles. If you arrive after 5pm, parking/admission is free and you can attend the outdoor concert. The event offers a cash bar and BEAUTIFUL views of the city. I tried my best to take a good picture, but it was so much more breathtaking in person. This was one of our favorite outings we've had. I highly recommend you check out your local museums to see what events they have to offer, too!

2 comments:

Secondhand Stella said...

Fun! You need to come visit my museum next time you are home :)

Anonymous said...

Love the BFF tag. Can't wait to read more!